Rock of ages - Xbox360 - preview

5:49 PM Posted by Mario Galarza

E10+Contains cartoon violence, crude humor
Rock of ages was a surprise for me at E3. I never expected a nor strange game as Catherine found when Atlus 'tiny, tiny stand at the fair visit. And it is this kind of surprise, which makes it really fun to go explore.

In rock of agesyou are charged gate and attack with the defence of the Kingdom on your enemies in a Tower Defense style game. Own instead of calling from units, but you directly control a huge stone Boulder on a long way towards your enemy fortress. At the same time, your own goal is constantly attacked to be and you need to sprinkle path defenses in your enemy.

Defense is rock of ages"at the next bind to Tower Defense and even RTS games." Select specific tiles in a grid building, people position and even animals, hopefully in your enemy Boulder way long to get enough slow you down or even destroy it on the way to your gate.

Surprisingly proved to be the most effective defense method cattle while I was. A group of cows has an amazing job slowed my Boulder, so that it their gate like a spring, so do very little damage taken.

Navigate in the map is also a huge challenge - the streets each with its own unique design and I had the chance, play some cards had plenty of sharp curves, which easily to me my way and threw in the enemy positions.

To counteract these obstacles, are in the position, choose a few different rocks. Unfortunately I could not to experiment with them much, although the "standard" Boulder proved a very effective.

Control my Boulder was pretty easy. Rock of ages"controls are much less cumbersome than, say, Katamari's, and although I have not so much with my rock make in this game, as I never feel out of control the way I sometimes I when playing Katamari."

The presentation in the age scores points for humor to. I really dug the relaxed interpretation of feudal Japan. Fortunately, they don't even try to explain the reason that huge boulders rolling their way in the game. I seemed plain, even a bit papery some of the graphics, but believed that it was deliberate, go with the rice paper art style of the period.

Atlus is the type of Publisher, to produce the like unique games, and rock of ages fits the Bill. Although I could spend a huge amount of time with it on the show floor, I am intrigued and interested to see what it will throw you on you than you through the history. We have to wait until the end of this year to find out.



Learn more about the rock of ages

View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment