Rock of ages - Xbox360 - preview

9:16 PM Posted by Mario Galarza


Rock of ages was somewhat a surprise to me at E3. I never expected a nor strange game as Catherine found, when to visit Atlus small, tiny stand at the fair. And it is this kind of surprise, which makes it really fun to go explore.

Rock of agesyou are charged gate and attack with the defence of the Kingdom on your enemies in a Tower Defense style game. Own instead of a call from units, though, taxes directly a huge stone boulders on a long way in the direction of the enemy fortress. At the same time is constantly attacked to be your own goal and you have to path to diversify defense in your enemy.


 


Placement defense is rock of ages"closest to Tower Defense and even RTS games tie." Select specific tiles in a grid building to place people and hopefully in your enemy Boulder way long to get enough she will slow even animals below or even destroy it on the way to your gate.


Surprisingly, animals that are most effective defense method, while I was proved. My Boulder has slowed from a group of cows an amazing job so their do it taken goal as a spring, so very little damage.


Navigate in the map is also a huge challenge - each an own unique design and the few cards I had the chance to play a variety of sharp curves, had the roads that easily to me my way and has thrown in the enemy positions.


To counteract these obstacles, are in the position, choose a few different rocks. Unfortunately I was much, to experiment, although the "standard" Boulder proved a very effective with them not in the position.



Control my Boulder was pretty easy. Rock of ages"controls are much less cumbersome than, say, Katamari, and, although I do not have to do so much with my rock like me in this game, I never I sometimes have the feeling of control of the way when playing Katamari."


The presentation at the age scores points for humor to. Grub I really relaxed interpretation of feudal Japan. Fortunately, they don't even try to explain the reason that huge boulders rolling their way in the game. I seemed plain, even a bit papery some of the graphics, but believed that it was deliberate, go with the rice-paper art style of the period.


Atlus is the way of the Publisher to produce the like unique games, and rock of ages fits the Bill. Although I could spend a huge amount of time with him on the show floor, I am intrigued and interested to see what it will put thee to you than you through the history. We have to wait until the end of this year to find out.



Learn more about the rock of ages

View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment