E3 first impressions: Papo and I

5:37 AM Posted by Mario Galarza

When I learned a game called Papo Y yocheck out, I thought honestly, would it be funny-impaired two like ren & Stimpy or Toejam & Earl. I thought they'd go on a crazy adventure of full Pratfalls and cake on the face. Wrong, I thank the gods.

Papo Y yo is inspired by the childhood of his Chief Designer and creator, Vander Caballero. A little boy, a robot and a giant pink Monster lives in the quasi-real world. Here's where it takes an interesting twist: the monster is addicted to toxic frogs (which get him high) and is afraid of the robot. The point is to use this fear to control the monster as a giant puppy, to move it where it is used and puzzle-solving environment. But, if he is high, who knows what will happen.

The package is far from done, but it is a very cute platformer from a team that seems to work on AAA title. It's still rough around the edges no exact release date, so unfortunately I could nab. I hope, she soon comes, because it looks like an interesting experience "Games as art" for all.


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment