Tell GR: How's Your Skyrim Launch Going?

2:34 AM Posted by Mario Galarza

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
Tell GR: How's Your Skyrim Launch Going?   REMEMBER ME FORGOT PASSWORD?  NEWS CONSOLESREVIEWSPREVIEWSVIDEOSFEATURESCHEATSCOMMUNITY GAMES FAQS GOODIES RELEASE DATES MAILBAG PODCASTS FORUMSPlayStation 3
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo DS
Sony PSP
PC Games
Other... GameRevolution » Manifesto » Tell GR: How's Your Skyrim Launch Going? Manifesto RSS Feed Tell GR: How's Your Skyrim Launch Going? Posted on Thursday, November 10 @ 21:57:29 Eastern by danielrbischoff
window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({appId: 'your app id', status: true, cookie: true, xfbml: true}); }; (function() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; e.src = document.location.protocol + '//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'; document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e); }());

Are you heading to a midnight launch? Got the game shipped to you from Amazon? WHERE ARE YOU ON SKYRIM'S LAUNCH?!
Seriously! Send your pictures to daniel@gamerevolution.com or let us know in the comments how the wait for midnight and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's November 11th launch is going! Related Games:  The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimTags:  Tell GameRevolution, Community

POST A COMMENTCommentsthewhitearkthewhiteark - Joined: Oct 1, 2011Well Skyrim just unlocked in Steam, and if my credit card & personal info has been hacked, I might as well go and SLAY A DRAGON0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:37 pmt1pz0rt1pz0r - Joined: May 21, 2008Just got off work and am now heading to go pick up a copy at the midnight release. Literally the best day ever!0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:42 pmdanielrbischoffdanielrbischoff - Joined: Nov 13, 2009Send us a pic from your launch!0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:24 pmt1pz0rt1pz0r - Joined: May 21, 2008Damn I didn't take a pic from the release and there was a guy literally in a kilt and a sword. Fail.1 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:37 amdrathbonedrathbone - Joined: May 19, 2011There's 2 Gamestops by me. One in the mall and one on the street just outside the mall. The mall store is closed. The other store had 2 lines, one for the mall store pre-order and one for the in store order. I went in the wrong line and had to wait an extra 5 minutes. I didn't want to blow anyone up....but grrr0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:15 pmdanielrbischoffdanielrbischoff - Joined: Nov 13, 2009Send us a pic from the launch if you took one!0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:24 pmspanky1113spanky1113 - Joined: Mar 6, 2008I preloaded it from Steam, sat around watching Family Guy clips on YouTube, then eagerly squealed when I restarted Steam at 12:05, waited 10 minutes for it to finish the "first run set up" and the Bethesda logo dropped with a resounding "dum dum" sound.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:12 amfriggestfriggest - Joined: Mar 3, 2008I hope you really squealed. Sometimes I get excited and clap my hands together quickly in kind of a weird way. Squealing also happens time to time. Hooray for weird noises when no one else is around.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:48 amspanky1113spanky1113 - Joined: Mar 6, 2008Oh lots of squealing. And "Oh yeah, girlfriend. I'm totally going to sleep. When? I'm already there."0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:24 amthe_mighty_toastthe_mighty_toast - Joined: Jul 12, 2006I made the horrible mistake to go to Gamestop for my release. I had decided I wanted the collectors edition guide for Skyrim, so I just paid for everything in advance this past Tuesday. Well when I showed up there was a line out of the store, and all the way down the strip mall. I waited 45 minutes to get to the front desk, and they told me they were out of the collectors guides.

Seriously? You took my pre-order, and my money, and you run out? Fuck you Gamestop. I will never, ever purchase games or anything else from you again. Even worse, Gamestop was right next to a Wal-Mart, where there was NO line at all for the game. Worst midnight launch for me, ever.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:31 amTurinAlexanderTurinAlexander - Joined: Sep 29, 2006I was going to take pictures, but it was 34 degrees out and I didn't wear a jacket. I had my hands jammed down into my pockets the whole time. I was a bit shocked to find what I estimate to be at least 300 people in line when I got there. The last midnight I went was for AC2, which was also the day they released Left for Dead 2, and there were only about 50 people there for that. They let us all inside and even had snacks. No such luck this time around. I got to stand around and freeze my nuts off while waiting at the back of the line.

I played the game until I hit level five and decided to call it a night. I freaking tired. I've the next three days with nothing to do but play.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:58 amTurinAlexanderTurinAlexander - Joined: Sep 29, 2006As to the line itself, everyone was friendly and talkative despite the cold. Things actually went pretty quickly once midnight hit. Everyone with their receipts just had to walk in and pick up a copy and leave. My ******* left my receipt at home, so I had to wait for all of them to go first before I could get mine, but it still only took about ten minutes or so. It was a very smooth process actually. The only hitch was one guy that didn't bother to read the signs and got in the wrong line and was *****ing to the manager. The manager is a younger guy who clearly didn't want to have to put up with a this dude *****ing about something that was entirely his own fault. I was trying not to laugh during the exchange that ended in the dumb guy getting sent back to the end of the line.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:04 amKlandathuKlandathu - Joined: Apr 6, 2008I attended the launch at the same store I went to for MW3. I forgot to take a damn picture, but there were actually more people in line for Skyrim than there were for MW3. It was balls cold outside, but luckily I only had to wait about 15 minutes to get my copy. All-in-all a very successful evening for me.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:44 ammarrowmarrow - Joined: Oct 17, 2007Well, I live in NZ, so it unlocked a while ago for me.
I finished a 24 hour shift just as it released, then played some delicious skyrim for about 10 hours straight, before starting to hallucinate :P0 1Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 2:46 amGuernicaGuernica - Joined: Mar 13, 2009Preloaded on steam and got to play for about an hour last night. Thought about calling in sick to work so I could play all night/day/weekend but figured I should go earn my salary... I did get to make my dinosaur person though and picked a shitton of flowers! =P0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:16 amtinymhgtinymhg - Joined: Jun 22, 2011It's in the mail.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 5:58 amBrasBras - Joined: Jul 16, 2008They emailed you the game?0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:08 amtinymhgtinymhg - Joined: Jun 22, 2011Sailmail! No, UPS due here before 5PM0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:25 amtinymhgtinymhg - Joined: Jun 22, 2011It's, Oh My God, it's HERE!!!!!!!!0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 11:01 amBrasBras - Joined: Jul 16, 2008I think that's gonna be your last comment in a long while0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 11:21 amdirty_fdirty_f - Joined: Nov 1, 2010i am envious of all of you. toggling full-time bar work, girlfriend and the fact that i have no money (full time gives me money... girlfriend takes away money) i cant buy this God Damned game yet. even if i did buy it, i would have to sacrifice aforementioned aspects of my life to play it.
so how far am i willing to go? that is the question...and we may very well find out the answer soon.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:58 amGuernicaGuernica - Joined: Mar 13, 2009You gotta get the girl to play with you! Tell her it's like a good movie or something =P0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 7:19 amIvory_SoulIvory_Soul - Joined: Nov 15, 2005I was working last night so I had to miss the midnight launch. I will sleep then pick up my collector's edition and play for about 4 hours before heading to another 10 hour shift. I haven't been this excited for a game since Mortal Kombat (actually any game in the series). So, hopefully I can actually suppress my excitement to sleep.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:35 amLawnGnomeLawnGnome - Joined: Apr 25, 2007Coming in the mail from Amazon. Can't beat 99 cent release day delivery. I shall wait patiently until it gets here. Battlefield 3 will keep me company.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:36 amLawnGnomeLawnGnome - Joined: Apr 25, 2007It's here! It's here! Now to Skyrim, where I can ignore the cruel irony that I got a beta invite to SW:TOR today as well.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:56 pmLawnGnomeLawnGnome - Joined: Apr 25, 2007Also, that update that some people were complaining about: 3 MB.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:01 pmDe-TingDe-Ting - Joined: Nov 11, 2006That's what I was expecting.0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 9:21 pmmetalimimetalimi - Joined: Nov 9, 2005Stuck in Japan. Won't be playing it until I return home in a few weeks : /0 0Like or Dislike?Posted: Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Post a Comment LOGIN or REGISTER to post a comment or rate this article. Username:Password: Remember me next time?   
Planetside 2
The breakdown on armor and weapons (67)
WWE '12
WWE '12 Brock Lesnar interview video. (438)
DYNASTY WARRIORS 7: Xtreme Legends
Pang De gameplay video. (98)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Combat aim video. (102)
EverQuest II: Destiny of Velious
Annoncement trailer. (129)
Planetside 2
The breakdown on armor and weapons (67)VIEW ALL VIDEOSvar videoshown=1;var teaserScrollId=0;$('teaserimg'+videoshown).addClassName('slide-nav-on');function scrollTeasers(){if (videoshown==6) { document.getElementById('videocarslider').style.left = '0px'; videoshown=1; }if (videoshownWhat are you playing? 11/12/2011The Real Reason Behind 3DS Sales SurgeTell GR: What Else Do You Want in GameRevolution Radio?GameRevolution Radio 0011: Handheld EditionStupid Criminals: I'll Play CoD in Real LifeThis Guy Is Totally Excited for SkyrimSo How Did Dragonborn Get His Dragon Bloodline, Anyway?The News: Thursday November 10th, 2011Tell GR: How's Your Skyrim Launch Going?Real-Life Ryu Destroys a Real-Life Car NecroWolf
NecroWolf
Letting go of your childhood

  I'm going to assume anyone who reads Game Revolution plays video games, I'm also going to assume some of you are either teenagers, or younger, as well as adults of all ages. This particular blog however targets the adults, as those of you who are younger have done no wrong. It's us, it's the adults, the big ones... we're the ones dragging down innovation, and clinging hopelessly to dead memories of games that we played 'back in the good old days.' Interestingly...   
read more...

Vox ArchivePosted on Wednesday, October 26 2011 The Black Eyed Peas Experience Cheats xbox360 Hydrophobia Prophecy Cheats ps3 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Cheats pcps3xbox360 LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Cheats xbox360wii Super Mario 3D Land Cheats 3ds Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Cheats pc Red Dead Redemption Cheats xbox360 Grand Theft Auto IV Cheats xbox360 Stronghold 3 Cheats pc Otomedius Excellent Cheats xbox360 STAFF | CONTACT GR | ADVERTISING | GRADING SYSTEM | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS OF USE | AdChoices/**/
GameRevolution.com, A property of AtomicOnline, LLC. © 2011 AtomicOnline, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + (document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https://sb" : "http://b") + ".scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js' %3E%3C/script%3E")); COMSCORE.beacon({ c1:2, c2:6036161, c3:"", c4:"", c5:"", c6:"", c15:"" });

View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments:

Post a Comment